It’s no secret that in our new world of hybrid work, we’re spending more time at our desks, attending video call after call. In fact, a recent survey of British Columbians showed that 79% report eating lunch at their desks, while nearly one-third (29%) of those wish to have designated time away from their desks to eat. (We suspect the other 71% are just being polite.)
Aside from the proven side effects, including negative impacts on mental and physical health and performance, it really sucks trying to silent-chew or go off-camera to sneak in a bite.
Cue Triple O’s to the rescue. Famous for their burgers, fries, and hand-scooped shakes, they created Lunchblocker.ca, a simple web-to-calendar experience, to help people take back their lunch hour. With a few clicks, workers could block off an “OOO Hour” to grab some friends, food, and enjoy some well-deserved time to eat as far from their desk as possible.